Making Lists Behave Nicely
In Chapter: Other GUI Elements: Lists and Views
Author: Ian Darwin (firstname.lastname@example.org) 'idarwin'
Lists are easy to get started with, but there are a lot of variations that will provide optimal user experience.
Studying the ListView API and considering the user experience will lead to some improvements.
This will list such items as:
- Set the current position when adding;
- Use the overScroll header and footer;
- List Navigator for large lists (like Contacts and OISafe)
- Adjust list content dynamically
- Filter non-text List elements
The net result will make your application easier to use and more predictable for users.
The official ListView documentation.